This project was totally new to me. I knew about EDI, but no experiences in the past. But I took the challenge and did our own researches over 2 months and implemented within 6 months. We used Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 to implement this.
Abstract of the project
Our(Brandix*) one of leading buyer(Mark And Spencer) wanted to implement Business-to-Business (B2B) application with us.So that they can raise their purchase orders and receive invoices electronically. Within 48 hours we will receive invoices status,E.g. Invoice Processing Successful, automatically.
- Download Purchase Orders
- Buyer raises the purchase order through a trading partner.
- Our EDI system subscribes that PO.
- Process in BizTalk server and immediately send email notification to the relevant merchandiser.
- Upload Invoices
- Invoices been processed from our logistic system and upload them to the EDI system (BizTalk server/SQL server)
- Make the EDI file based on the given EDI specification inside the BizTalk server.
- Upload to the trading partner.
Props & Cons
- Implementation cost is bit higher
- Reduce paper works
- Minimal data entry, hence time saving
- Seamless business process
* Brandix is the FIRST Sri Lankan company using Ms-BizTalk server for B2B integration in Sri Lanka.