How MEC Message Flow Work
Like any other middle-ware application MEC has unique architectural components. Below diagram depicts them.
- Inbound message will be consumed by the MEC and goes through detection rules defined in the partner agreement. Detection is either channel or XML detection. If inbound message is a flat file, channel detection will be used.
For XML detection, inbound message must have meta data to configure the detection.
Note below payload has RequestHeader as meta data.
- Detection information & rules are saved in MEC storage. MEC will evaluate all saved detections (in a order) until its find the correct one.
- Once the detection has passed, process the message based on the defined processing steps. (in the given order)
- These steps are also saved on the MEC Storage
- Generate the output message.