I was able to refresh my knowledge of M3 integration with MEC (M3 E-collaborator). MEC is a middle-ware specifically design for M3 integration development. Over the past few years it has been evolved.
MEC has following components:
- Flat-File definition tool - Using this tool you can create XML schema file. Also it can generate sample Flat File & XML file for the schema.
- Flat-File Repository manger - Is the repository for the local and server definitions.
- Mapper - Use to transform data to a output file or update M3 directly for the given input schema and the defined logic. It has certain functions to perform this level of transformation. (Later, with my next posts I'm hopping to reveal them). If you are familiar with Ms-BizTalk server, it's orchestration and MEC mapper is similar in behavior.
- Partner Admin tool - Use to configure agreement for the integration such as,
- Error handling
- and other admin tasks (e.g. communication, web-service definitions, EventHub subscriptions etc.)
Its mapper look as follows,