Challenge your world: Day Final
The sessions that I attended today, I can categorized into three.
- Technical (Most of the time) ASP.net 4.0 by Seok Chern.
- He has showed us new features of ASP.net. Like background task, async file uploading, email verification etc.
- AppFabric- without setting up webfarms we can distribute load across multiple servers.
- CSS Sprites- If you have 4 images to show in the page, typically asp.net will call 4 server request to get those image files from the folder. But using Sprites technique asp.net runtime will get those 4 images as 1 image from the folder and show it in the page.
- SmartyRoute – eg: we can omit file extension in the browser address bar but still load the resource. You can type http://www.foo.com/category instead of http://www.foo.com/category.aspx .
SmatyRoute enables load dynamic pages based on the parameters given in the URL.
- Microsoft Dynamics introduction were held by Krishnan Muralidharan.
- Lisa Tay showed us xRM as a rapid application development freamwork with some case studies.
- Madhusudan Kohil & Rahul Pahwa delivered a practical topic these days Green IT. We also learnt that we still have opportunities to save Green in terms of IT. They showed us how Microsoft has adopt this strategy and how far success them.
- Freddy Tan, security advisor for Microsoft Asia, has delivered yet another good session to the gathering about IT security risks.